Builders or building technologists oversee, coordinate and work on construction or repair of homes and other building works. Areas of specialization are construction economics, building maintenance, building service engineering, management of construction project, building structures and construction technology.
English, Physics, Mathematics, and any of Chemistry, Geography, Art, Biology and Economics
Builders are typically employed in the construction industry, education institution, banks, finance houses, insurance, housing corporations, oil companies and planning departments and local authority.
Essential Skills for Builders
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral with the ability to liaise effectively
- High levels of creativity and imagination
- Reasonable mathematical skills
- Excellent IT skills, including computer-aided design skills
- Strong team work and leadership skills
- Good organization and negotiation skills
- Sound analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail