Environmentalists study the environment to improve, protect and make it convenient and conducive for man’s habitat or work.
Graduates of Environmental sciences are awarded certificates bearing a title B.Sc., B.Tech., B.Arc., depending on the institution.
Most courses under Environmental Sciences have five (5) years duration while few are four (4) year duration depending on the institution.
Career Opportunities include: Environmentalist, Architect, Estate Consultant/Manager, Surveyor, Urban planner, Building Technologist, etc.
Essential Skills for Environmentalist
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral with the ability to liaise effectively
- High levels of creativity and imagination
- Reasonable mathematical skills
- Excellent IT skills, including computer-aided design skills
- Strong team work and leadership skills
- Good organization and negotiation skills
- Sound analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail
Environmental Science Courses and Their Descriptions and Prospects